Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Is Football Really A Man's Sport?

Is Football Really a Man’s Sport?
I don’t think so.46% of the Ravens fans are women. Can you believe it? I am a Redskins fan myself and I am a female so a lot of guys I know are shocked that I like football because it’s a guys sport. BS I think. I watch it every Sunday with a group of friends. There was an event yesterday Oct6th for women Ravens fans. It was called “Ravens Purple Evening” where the women fans get together at the stadium to meet players, see club level, play football, talk about fan forums and see the locker room. It was a 4hour event. 1500 people were there. I think this was a positive event for women. I do not think sports should be only targeted towards one sex. I think it is positive that the Ravens recognized that they have such a huge female fan population and had such great event for them. I think they will make it an annual event. It is encouraging!

What do you think? Are you surprised by the percentage of female fans? 46%

check out the event on the news
http://www.wbaltv.com/video/17601592/index.html

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I'm not at all surprised that 46% of Ravens fans are women. Football isn't just enjoyed by men, most all my friends that are female and all the women in my family love football! I'm personally a Redskins fan and never miss a game, I'm going to at least 2 this season. I think what the Ravens had sounds like a great idea for women and more teams should do something like that. So much with football seems to be aimed at men,and it's nice that a team took their women fans into consideration.