Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Jockey

I saw a Jockey commercial on TV the other day. I think this Jockey commercial is sending a good message. It is unlike other commercials. It shows people waiting in line to be changed into models. The women turn tall, thin, and blonde. After going through the machine the women’s breast also grow larger. The typical nerdy man with glasses is being changed into a tall muscular man. All the people going through the machine come out looking the same. I think the machine represents society changing people. I like that there are people escaping the machine so they wouldn’t change. I like how the two escapees do not look like the typical model types. The man has long messy hair and does not have a body builder type of body. The girl looks like an average every day girl. The escapees look like people I would see out in public. I like the message that Jockey is promoting which is “Dare to be you.” They are not telling people that they should look like models which a Victoria Secret commercial would portray.

I am not saying the commercial is perfect. There is still some room for improvement. I think they should have shown more diverse people in the line.


What do you think?


2 comments:

Summer said...

This commercial is so exicting!! I love that the Jockey company has the guts to go against what other companies are doing and satnd up for the "everyman". I was like that they did both sexes, seeing how both genders are submitted to suffocating gender roles.

ahenn3 said...

I like how it is not only the girls that are half naked in this video but it is the men to. I also found it fascinating that jockey wants to go away from the ads of big breasted women and the men being naked to.